Charlie Jabour’s Shish Kebob
This recipe is a staple at BBQ Bob’s dinner table. Charlie Jabour is Bob’s father-in-law and is 100% American Lebanese. It works with beef, venison, lamb, Elk or Moose. Check it out and be sure to come back here and let us know how much you enjoyed it! We like to serve these over a bed of rice.
Maureen likes to break up 20-30 stalks of spaghetti into 1/2 inch pieces, brown them in olive oil in the sauce pan before adding rice. You can also add almonds or pine nuts for the right look and taste.
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 1/3 Cup Wine Vinegar
- 2/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cloves Crushed Garlic
Ingredients for Shish Kebobs:
- 2 Lbs. Top Sirloin, cubed (or Venison, Lamb, Elk, or Moose)
- 2 Large Sweet Onions, quartered
- 2 Green Peppers, cut into one inch squares
- 1 pack of Grape Tomatoes
- 1 pack of fresh Whole Mushrooms (I buy the marinated, easy)
Combine all ingredients in medium size glass or stainless bowl.
- Add: Two pounds of meat, cubed
- Add: Two large sweet onions quartered
- Add: Two green peppers cut into one inch squares
- Add: One pack of Grape Tomatoes
- Add: One Pack of Mushrooms
- Marinate overnight in refrigerator. Let stand on counter for 3 hours before skewering.
- Grill quickly at medium flame.
Works very well for venison, lamb, elk or moose.
Download recipe PDF: Shish Kebob Recipe