- 1 loaf of frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed, 2 large bananas, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups butter pecan ice cream
- 1/2 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread cake and bananas. In a small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; brush over kabobs.
Place kabobs on greased grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning once.
Serve with ice cream; drizzle with butterscotch topping. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Banana Butter Pecan Kabobs in Grill It