- 1 (4-pound) chicken
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (used a Meyer lemon)
- zest of 1 lemon (used a Meyer lemon), roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- salt (if not presalting) and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, cut into thin slices
Preheat the grill to 450°F.
Mix the rosemary, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, paprika, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
Spatchcock (butterfly) the chicken as described above, backbone