- 12 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 12 ounces chicken livers, halved
- 12 whole water chestnuts or pineapple
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Chinese Sweet and Sour Sauce
Rumaki begins with the marinade, of course: Combine soy sauce, ginger, sherry and sugar in a small bowl. Add the chicken livers and water chestnut pieces and marinate them in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
Place 1 chicken liver piece and 1 chestnut/pineapple piece in the center of each bacon-half, wrap, and secure with a toothpick. Grill to perfection. Place on platter and drizzle with Sweet & Sour Sauce.