- 2-3 Lb. Salmon Filet – Skin on
- ¼ Cup of Whole Seed Prepared Mustard (Grey Poupon or any brand you prefer)
- ¼ Cup of Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Zest
- 1 Cedar Grilling Plank
Recipe and Technique:
- Soak the Cedar Grilling Plank under water for 30 minutes and then remove and set on counter
- Set your grill to Medium to High Heat
- Place the salmon filet, skin side down , onto the Cedar Plank
- Combine Mustard, Maple Syrup, Rosemary, and Lemon Zest in a mixing cup and stir with a fork.
- Slowly pour the Mustard/Maple mixture on top of the Salmon in the Plank, spreading it evenly to cover the entire salmon filet.
- Let stand on your counter for 10 minutes prior to grilling to allow glaze to settle into the salmon
- Place planked salmon on the grill – plank down – and grill for 12-15 minutes with the lid closed– until the thickest part of the filet flakes when you touch it with a fork.
NOTE: Check on the salmon a couple times during the cook. If the edges of the Cedar Plank catch on fire, that is great, as this provides a wonderful smoky cedar flavor to the salmon. Just don’t let the cedar plank burn through to the fish