Who doesn’t enjoy french fries? Try this recipe that offers French Fries that are not deep fried in oil, but rather tossed in a little Olive Oil with garlic, salt and pepper. And serve them with a ketchup that’s no ordinary ketchup. It’s spiced up a bit with chile sauce and balsamic vinegar. These are super good!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Grilling time: 11 to 12 minutes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon chile sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 russet potatoes, about 8 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a small bowl mix together the ketchup, chile sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
2. Scrub the potatoes under cold running water and dry thoroughly (do not peel). Cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices into 1/4-inch-thick wedges. Place the wedges in a medium bowl. Toss with the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
3. Place the wedges on the grill, being careful not to let them drop through the openings. Cook over direct medium heat (350° to 450°F), with the lid closed as much as possible, until golden brown, about 10 minutes, turning once. For extra-crispy fries, open the grill and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, turning once.
4. Serve warm with the ketchup.
From Weber’s Art of the Grill™ by Jamie Purviance