- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup Guinness Draught
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 pounds fresh sausage (like Irish bangers)
Instructions for Dipping Sauce
- Heat the butter on a grill or in a skillet over medium heat.
- Heat the shallots and garlic until the shallots are just soft.
- Remove from heat and reserve garlic and shallots.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Guinness, lime juice, fish sauce, ketchup, sriracha, honey, ginger, and rice vinegar.
- Mix well until combined. Add shallots and garlic.
- Transfer to blender and blend well.
- Pour into medium saucepan over low-medium heat, stirring well until heated through.
- When sauce is heated, taste for seasoning. If it’s too sharp, add a tablespoon of sugar, stir for a few minutes and taste again. If still too sharp, add a second tablespoon of sugar and stir again.
- Continue to heat, stirring, until desired consistency is reached.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Instructions for Bangers
Grill your sausages, getting nice sear marks all over each one.
When sausages are cooked
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped red watermelon
- 2/3 cup minced red onion
- 1 (2 1/2- to 3-inch) fresh Jalapeno or Serrano peppers, with seeds or without if you don’t like the kick
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
Toss together tomatoes, watermelon, onion, peppers of choice, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
(Do not make salsa more than 1 hour ahead of time for what you are going to use it for or it will become