- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2-inch x 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (14 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Finely chopped green onions
In a Dutch oven, brown pork in oil until no longer pink; remove meat and keep warm. Add mushrooms; saute until tender. Set aside and keep warm.
Add the broth, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and pepper to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Return the meat and mushrooms to the pan. Stir in the tofu, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and vinegar. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sesame oil. Garnish servings with onions.