- One whole Pork loin
- 1 quart water
- 4 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons turbanado sugar
- 2/3 C OWO Co. Basil EVOO
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T fresh rosemary
- 1/2 C OWOC Eighteen Year Balsamic
- 2 T OWOC Butter EVOO
- 2 Sweet onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 pears, cored and each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, stir together the water, salt, and sugar.
- Cut loin into 1.25 inch chops. Using a Jaccard, pound chops thoroughly on each side until chop is rough and flat.
- Add chops to brine and let them soak for about an hour. Drain and discard the brine.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the olive oil, garlic, and rosemary. Place pork chops in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by 1/2, about 10 minutes. When the vinegar cools, it should be the consistency of syrup.
- Heat the butter olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high or high heat. Add the onions and pears, and quickly brown being careful to keep the wedges intact. Once the onions and pears are browned, reduce heat to low, and cook for about 7 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the reduced vinegar and salt. The recipe can be prepared up to this point several hours before grilling.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
Warm pears on the grill (in the skillet or on range top. Grill chops for about 3 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Now let rest for a few minutes and top with the pear onion sauce as you serve