This recipe comes from Rob Russell of Topeka, Kansas. He got it at the T2 Lodge in Canada from a chef that used to cook for the Pope.
Combine the following ingredients:
- 32 oz. bottle of Hunts ketchup
- One pound of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons of onion powder
- 1.5 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Blend all ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
Properly prep ribs and rub with grape seed oil. Lightly dust with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Bake or smoke to glazing stage. Glaze ribs with sauce, wrap in foil and place back in oven or smoker for an half hour.
Baste again before serving.