- 30 large shrimp (21-25 count per pound)
- 16 slices bacon cut in half
- 6 bamboo skewers soaked in water (1-2 hours)
- 30 basil leaves chopped very coarse
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1¼ cups Three Little Pigs Sweet Barbecue Sauce
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Mix basil stuffing and set aside. Remove shrimp shells, leaving only the tail. Butterfly shrimp by cutting down the back of the shrimp and remove vein. Place ½ teaspoons of basil stuffing in each cut. Wrap each shrimp with ½ slice of bacon, leaving only the shrimp tail exposed. Skewer shrimp to secure bacon. Each skewer can hold a full serving of 5 shrimp.
Thank you to our friends at http://www.grilling.com for this recipe!