Grilled Steak and goat cheese on pita rounds
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 (6-inch) pita rounds
- two nice slender steaks (sirloin, sizzler, or venison from home freezer)
- a bit of sea salt
- some nice black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- One package of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh erb, whatever the market has, no matta.
- One nice little portable grill, a gas Coleman is my fave. Whatever your cab has room for.
This is how we do it.
Preheat a grill pan or aluminum foil over medium heat.
Combine garlic and oil; brush evenly over pitas or simply lay the pita rounds on the mix for a minute. Sprinkle a touch of salt and pepper evenly over pitas. Place pitas in pan, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper evenly over steaks and grill for 6 minutes or until medium rare, turning once. Remove steaks from the grill. Add tomatoes to pan or foil packet with remaining oil ; cook 1 minute.
Slice up some goat cheese and place on the pitas. Lay the steaks and tomatoes evenly over pitas. Sprinkle with any fresh green (thyme, basil, oregano, or rosemary.
Chomp on this bad boy and take a snooze. You earned it.