¼ Cup of Butter Flavored EVOO
1 slice of Sweet Onion, finely chopped
Three Mushrooms (baby bella) finely chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
Juice of 1 Lemon
6 Medium Sea Scallops
A pinch of Sea Salt
4 wooden skewers- soaked in water
Great Summer Fruit Beer or A bottle of Pinot Gregio
Lightly oil your grill grate with a small amount of the EVOO to prevent sticking
Preheat the grill to Medium/High heat
1.In a saucepan at medium heat on the stove, combine the EVOO, Chopped Onion, Mushroom and Garlic and cook until soft and translucent (about 5 minutes).
2. Remove the mixture from the stove and add in the juice from the Lemon and the Sea Salt
3. Place the scallops in a bowl, pour the Onion/Mushroom/Garlic mixture over the scallops and lightly stir to coat the Scallops. Let the scallops sit in the bowl for 5 minutes
4. Remove the Scallops from the bowl and pour the remaining Onion/Mushroom/Garlic mixture back into the saucepan.
5. Take two skewers and place them side by side about a ½ inch apart. Thread 3 of the scallops onto the double skewer and repeat this process for the other three – so you have two – three scallop skewers
6. Place the skewers on the pre-oiled grill grate and cook for about 4 minutes on each side – when the scallops are firm, they are done.
7. Reheat the Onion/Mushroom/Garlic mixture on high heat for 3 minutes in the saucepan and use as a topping for the cooked scallops.
7.5 Serve with a Great Fruity Summer Beer or Nice Pinot Gregio.