Food is woven into the everyday fabric of life in Provence, France. The soil is rich, the sun is warm and there is an abundance of good things to eat. We invite you to try this tantalizing combination of grilled tomatoes, with garlic, parsley and a wonderful crunch of bread crumbs. This beats a fried, green tomatoe hands down!
4 large tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1Tbsp chopped parsley
3 Tbsp breadcrumbs
3 Tbsp olive oil
1. Prepare and preheat grill.
2. Peel and chop garlic. Combine it with chopped parsley.
3. Cut tomatoes in half horizontally and remove seeds.
4. Put breadcrumbs into tomato halves. Sprinkle with parsley and garlic mixture. Place them on the grill.
5. Pour a drizzle of olive oil in each tomato.
6. Grill until tomatoes are cooked. Serve warm.
Download i.Cooking’s Apps on your iPhone: