When friends get together for a great time, it’s usually accompanied by food! A great way to enjoy friends and food is with the fun of a cheesey, gooey fondue. Here we suggest broken bread pieces, but you can dunk you favorite veggies and fruits in this as well.
- 2 ½ cups dry white wine
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups shredded Gruyere Cheese
- 3 cups shredded Italian fontina cheese
- 3 tablespoons Kirsch liqueur
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- 1 loaf of great heavy bread cut into appropriate dipping sized pieces.
Get wood fire to 325 degrees. Add together wine & garlic in small pot and put in oven with lid on for 15 minutes. Uncover for the next 15 minutes. Make a slurry of the cornstarch and water, then add to wine/garlic mixture. Stir in the cheese and put back in wood fired oven, smoker or on grill with indirect set up.
Add the Kirsch and nutmeg with a little salt and serve.