- Chicken Wing Drummies – Not the flat part of the wing
- Lime Infused Olive Oil (available at Old World Olive Company)
- Pigs Ass Memphis Style BBQ Rub (Or any Memphis profile BBQ Rub)
Recipe and Technique:
- Prepare your smoker at 275 degrees, or set one burner of your grill on Medium Heat so that you can cook on indirect heat.
- On the small end of the Chicken Wing Drummie, Take a knife and cut around the bone just below the joint.
- Slide the Chicken Skin and meat down the bone to create a “ball” of chicken at the thick end of the drummie.
- Rub Chicken with a small amount of Lime Olive Oil
- Season the Oiled Chicken with the Memphis Rub
- Place on Smoker or Indirect heat Grill and let cook until the chicken reaches 165 degrees (45-60 minutes depending on your grill.
- Remove from Smoker/Grill and let cool a couple minutes